Thursday, September 19, 2013

Randomness

So here's some just random pictures I've taken that I feel like deserve a little bit of background information. 


I snapped some food pictures because I got asked what food is like here. It pretty great. So below you see beer and tapas. All I did was order the beer and they bring you the tapas for free! It's something that happens all over Granada. If you buy beer, a glass of wine, and even a soft drink they'll bring you some sort of tapas. This one consisted of Russian Salad (bottom right dish in both pictures) this is basically their potato salad that taste a little bit different because the mayo here taste different. It's got potatoes of course, peas, carrots and sometimes olives and eggs depending on who has made it. The most left plate in the bottom photo is basically ribs I think. I'm not sure and I didn't eat any of it because it wasn't that great. The middle plate is toast with kiwi and mayo plus like something similar to bacon but it looked uncooked so I passed on that. And then of course there's some bread. The tapas you get varies depending on which restaurant you go to. Also at some restaurants you get to pick the tapas you want. 


 Now these next two photos are great. I mean they're terrible quality but what they're pictures of is great. The top is the park as I'm walking home from class. There were about 30 kids (ages 8-12) riding horses through the park. It was great!

And then this picture is of some adults on their horses. I didn't get a picture but later on there were some guys dressed in like old Spanish dress but they were too far away for you to even see them with my phone. There had to have been around 50 horses in the park. It was so cool!

This photo I took while I was walking to meet with Virginia--my language partner. There's this festival in Granada that's called the festival of the Virgin and this church that's like a ten minute walk to my house sets up these flowers to celebrate. They hang them and then throughout the week more people bring flowers to put in front of the church. We just happened to walk by as  they were setting up all of the flowers.
The picture with the tents shows where people were selling flowers. As we walked past each tent owner was shouting out their price and trying to be the loudest. Within a few hours all the tents were taken down, all the flowers were put in the flower wall, and it was as if nothing had happened. This last picture is of the crowds watching the flowers get put up. There was music playing and it was hard to even walk down the street. Young and old had come out to celebrate and watch--I suspect gossip too! I just love the two old ladies in the bottom right corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment