Saturday, November 23, 2013

So it's been two months.....

I'm not really sure why I haven't written something in such a long time. I suppose I could say I've been super busy but that would basically be a lie.

Classes do definitely take a lot out of me here though! I have this weird schedule where everyday (Mon-Thurs) I finish class at 2:30pm walk--run--25 minutes home, start eating lunch at 3pm and then leave the house at 3:30 to make it in time for my 4pm class. It's exhausting! On Thursdays I usually have my host mom make me a sandwich--called a bocadillo that's literally made from half a baguette and some ham and olive oil (not my favorite thing)--so I can eat lunch in the school building and not rush. Sometimes I decide to pay for lunch and if I do I'll go to this vegan place that has great food and really nice staff.

Speaking of this vegan place....it's actually where I go have breakfast on Mondays and Wednesdays. My earliest class is at 12:30 but I'm a morning person and I'm usually wide awake and ready to go by 8:30 or earlier. So on those days I'm really bored and everyday for breakfast we get these muffins that I seriously hate--they look like lady fingers I'd say but they have this lemon taste. blech! We've been getting them basically everyday since I've gotten here. My roommate who like them in the beginning is now getting sick of them too. BUT anyways on the days where I have too much time I leave the house early and go have a real breakfast at the vegan place. They have my favorite tea--green tea with yerbabuena--and I'll get a tiny pot of the tea and some cereal with fruit. The staff already recognize me and usually finish my order as I'm saying it. I love it! Plus it's really nice on my lactose intolerant stomach! ...the food, I mean, not the staff....

So my weekdays feel super full with my classes and all the walking that I do...but hey my pants are loose! ...I'm still not sure if it's because I'm losing weight or if it's because they don't use dryers here so my jeans don't have the opportunity to shrink again after being stretched out from use...

Weekends lately have been really laid-back. I haven't done as much traveling as other people yet but soon all my weekends will be full. The weekends that I'm home I tend to hang out in bed a lot or go shopping at h&m--the one here has such better clothes than the one in Pittsburgh--( and don't worry daddy I really don't ever buy anything!).

I've recently discovered how cheap the movie theater is--5 euro a ticket even if you see something in 3D--and so I've been going to the movies if there's on out I want to see. I've seen Thor, Ender's Game and Catching Fire. It's all completely dubbed in Spanish which is interesting. I've found I actually liked Thor betting with dubbing--I can't stand Natalie Portman's acting and voice--because the woman who dubbed Natalie Portman was great! For Ender's Game I really liked the movie but I would definitely want to see it in English too! And for the Hunger Games I actually was super disappoint with the person who dubbed Jennifer Lawrence. I'm of the opinion that the dubber (?) was a terrible actor--my friends said the voice was different but that they got used to it as the movie went on. Either way I'm excited to see it in English with the real actors' voices. Side note: Small popcorn--which is the size of a US medium--and a medium drink is only 3.50 euro...so cheap! Plus for some reason in the Spanish movie theaters your seats are assigned on your movie ticket so you don't have to worry about picking your seat if the theater is full like it was for hunger games. And also the seats are huge and comfy! It's great!

Weather wise it's crazy here for me! It's gotten so so cold. I realize it's about the same temperature every day here as it is in Pittsburgh but for some reason it feels so much colder--probably because I walk longer distances and not everywhere I go has heating. But anyways it's so super cold and I am realizing I didn't bring enough cold weather clothes! Thank goodness my amazing dad is coming to visit in just a few days and bringing me winter clothes! And they couldn't come at better time because the weekend after he leaves I'm be traveling around the UK and Ireland it's definitely going to be cold there!

But yeah that's just some about my daily life. I hope it's not too much complaining! I'm actually having a great time but I am somebody who complains a lot and usually about nothing important....

No comments:

Post a Comment